Graduation and Commencement
Applying for Graduation or Filing for Degree Candidacy
Important: For undergraduate students, graduation from the University of Arizona requires a degree audit (also known as a degree check) in order to award a diploma, and there is a $50 candidacy fee involved. Students are strongly urged to begin this process and file for degree candidacy before registering for the last semester of course work, but not more than 1 year before the planned graduation date. See http://www.registrar.arizona.edu/graduation for more information.
- Students graduating in December (fall) or January (winter) must file for degree candidacy by September 1st.
- Students graduating in May (spring) for August (summer) must file for degree candidacy by February 1st.
To file for degree candidacy, students in the College of Science must begin the process with their major advisor. Students in MATH, PHYS, and ASTR should come to Gould-Simpson room 1017 to file for candidacy.
Late fees of $50 will also apply to students who file after the deadline.
The College of Science Fall 2016 Commencement Ceremony
Friday, December 16, 2016
Centennial Hall- UA Campus
The program will include individual recognition of each Undergraduate and Graduate degree recipient in attendance.
We look forward to seeing you and meeting your family and guests at an outdoor reception immediately following the ceremony.
All students: Instructions for RSVPing to the ceremony!
The link to register online for the Fall 2016 Commencement Ceremony will open : TBA
To have your name included in the CoS Commencement program, you must RSVP by: TBA
- Click on the first link below to start the RSVP process
You have the opportunity to submit a personal message that will display as you accept your degree. Many students use this message to thank their supporters, select a favorite quote, or comment on their college experience for their personal message.
- Undergraduates may enter a message up to a total of 125 characters*
- Graduate students are permitted up to 200 characters*
- * Characters are letters, spaces, punctuation marks, symbols, etc.
PLEASE HAVE YOUR SLIDE MESSAGE READY BEFORE YOU BEGIN!
For all other questions, please click on the Frequently Asked Questions link below!
Click here to RSVP for the CoS Commencement. (not active until TBA)
The deadline to RSVP online is: by 11:59 pm on TBA
See the list of Fall 2016 COS Graduates with RSVP status (available at 5:00 pm on TBA)
Undergraduates | Graduate Students
‡Students who intend to participate in commencement should check to ensure that their name appears on the list of COS Graduates, using the links above.
**The University of Arizona does not host a campus-wide Fall Ceremony**
**The College of Science Spring 2017 Commencement Ceremony is scheduled for
- Life Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Physics and Space Sciences
- Mathematics and Computational Sciences
- Neural, Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences
- Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Graduation and Commencement
- Support UA Science
- Community Connections