UA Mineral Museum
Location: Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium
Visit the UA Mineral Museum during your Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium field trip. The Mineral Museum is dedicated to providing public education and the preservation of minerals and meteorites while also serving the research needs of professionals, students and collectors. The collection is world-wide in scope, but with specific emphasis on minerals from Arizona and Mexico.
Since its conception, the museum has accumulated over 19,000 mineral specimens in the main collection and over 7,000 in the micromount collection. The collection currently represents 1,561 different species with over 2,000 minerals presently on display. The mineral museum also displays meteorites from localities around the world.
Science Field: Earth Sciences, Geology, Mineralogy, Mining Engineering
What You Get:
- A mineral hunt throughout the museum using deductive reasoning from clues and descriptions given to students
- Visit our website at www.flandrau.org and click on “Visit”, then select field trips.
- Complete the online group visit/field trip inquiry form and our reservation coordinator will contact you to schedule your visit.
Cost: Included with your Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium field trip (click for more details). Title I discounts available.
Contact: Group Reservations contact Rosie Mankel, Reservations Coordinator, 520-621-4516.
- Life Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Physics and Space Sciences
- Mathematics and Computational Sciences
- Neural, Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences
- Support UA Science
- Community Connections
- For the Public
- For K-12 Educators
- Classroom Visits
- Campus Visits & Field Trips
- Biosphere 2 Guided Tour
- Chemistry Discovery
- Flandrau Science Center & Planetarium
- Insect Discovery
- Laboratory of Tree Ring Research
- Marine Discovery
- Mirror Lab Tours
- Physics Discovery
- Sky Island Science Investigators
- Sonia Kovalevsky Day Workshop
- Space Imagery Center
- Sweetwater Wetlands
- UA Mineral Museum
- UA Museum of Natural History
- UA Sky School
- Water Investigations Program
- Professional Development
- STEM Classroom Resources
- Expertise Directory
- For UA Faculty
- For UA Students
- Places to Visit
- UA Science Lecture Series